Source: List of web utility software
If the computer we use is shared by other people such as coworkers, brother, sister and so forth, we may wish to secure our sensitive documents, photo albums, videos, emails and any kind of data in our computer. Fortunately there are folder locker programs around. Vovsoft Hide Files, probably the easiest one of those, can password protect any secret or embarrassing files and hide them quickly.
When the software is run for the first time, you are required to enter a master password and email address for password recovery. If you forget your password after a while, it is important a password recovery email was entered in the first place.
Pros: Clear, flexible interface. Lots of organizational tools. Responsive speed. Ultimate power in video editing. Rich ecosystem of video production apps. Excellent stabilization. Unlimited multi-cam angles.
Cons: No keyword tagging for media. Some techniques require additional applications such as After Effects or SpeedGrade.
Pros: Wide selection of fun video-creation tools. Clear, simple interface. Fast rendering. Support for 360-degree VR, 4K Ultra HD, and 3D media. Multipoint Motion tracking. Multicam editing. HTML5 video page creation. Stop-motion tool.
Cons: No keyword tagging for media.
Freeware Winamp-like media player, based on BASS audio library with support for large number of formats and playlists. It works with multiple playlists immediately.
Good old friend. Winamp is a media player for Windows and OS X developed by Justin Frankel and Dmitry Boldyrev by their company Nullsoft, which they later sold to AOL, who sold to Radionomy in January 2014. Since version 2 it has been sold as freemium and supports extensibility with plug-ins and skins, and features music visualization, playlist and a media library, supported by a large online community.
- Source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
- Lightweight, Custom Language Definitions, Auto-saving, Autocompletion.
- You can customize to do anything, but also use productively on the first day without ever touching a config file.
- Modern, approachable, and hackable to the core.
Here are my personal opinions for these searching for a good free antivirus:
Avira Free Antivirus (Publisher: Avira) This is the best free antivirus. It has one of the best virus detection database and heuristic engine. It works on Windows 7 or later. The only problem is it sometimes displays advertisement.
At the end of the year, let’s evaluate CD-DVD-Bluray burning programs.
- Rip: If you need your audio CDs and individual music tracks as files on your PC, smartphone or MP3 player, you can convert them to the exact format you need in no time at all!
- Copy: Would you like to share your movies and have your favorite hits ready to play in the car and living room too?
- Burn: You don’t need anything other than the industry’s top specialist solution for burning all disc types, whether you want to immortalize your favorite memories on CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc.
- Protect: When it comes to security, you’ll be up there with the pros – with SecurDisc 4.0 technology, your files are in the safest of hands.
At the ancient times of Windows 98, I personally used Signal9 Conseal Private Desktop which was a very simple firewall software. You could block everything, allow everything or select each software when it try to reach internet.
McAfee bought Signal9, used its core engine and published a new product: McAfee Personal Firewall. But it was big and slow for that time. After a while, Windows XP came up with new Winsock background. Thus Conseal Private Desktop was not working any more on new systems. Many years have passed away, many firewall applications entered to the market. But they were either big or lacked of features.